Room of Wonders of neapolitan music
As the result of a unique and innovative project in the Italian and international scene, the Room of Wonders is a special and “immersive” space. Thanks to the use of digital systems, visitors can virtually explore a Naples of other times. An “immersive walk” of 30 minutes, in which visitors can relive, through sounds, colors and visual projections, the history of Neapolitan song as a true multisensory experience.
The contemporary interpretations of the songs, in philological respect of scores and texts, are counterpointed by vintage photos and paintings, with an environmental reconstruction in costume.
The considered period goes from the end of the nineteenth century to 1940, the timeframe in which there is the greatest number of musicians and poets involved in the production of the so-called “Classical” song.
The walk is divided into several thematic routes:
- the Market, with songs inspired by the people and the sellers in the streets;
- the Sea, another peculiar theme to the classical Neapolitan song, with marine scenes and serenades;
- the Campanian landscapes, from the Amalfi Coast to the hinterland.
The Room of Wonders can be visited on:
- Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m;
- Wednesday: 2.00 p.m. – 5.00 p.m;
- Sunday: 10.00 a.m. – 1.00 p.m;
- Tuesday: closed
Visit time: 30 min.
Groups of 15 people
Reservations are required (you can book from Tuesday to Saturday, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m; Sunday and holidays, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.) through one of the two following channels:
- toll-free number 800 629638
- mobile phone and WhatsApp 345 6756525
Free entry until 31st December 2021.
Mandatory FFP2 mask and green COVID-19 certification.